Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I currently want to buy a 2008 Black Line 147 but have one big problem. The steering wheel. It doesn't have any multi function controls and i'm not sure i can get over it

Anybody on here know how easy they are to add, and if it is relatively easy, anybody know someone who could do it?

Not much out there but I think I need clockspring & new wheel at least

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Administrator
87,042 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Done...was hoping someone would just say ya...easy, bring it here and they can do it in an hour

Wishful thinking!!!

·
Administrator
87,042 Posts
It could still happen :D but if not at least hopefully you'll have got some info anyway :thumbs:

L

·
0 Posts
its an hours work:)

you need to replace the 'clock spring' as well as the steering wheel.

I know a fella with a Selespeed 147 M.F. S/Wheel & clock spring.

156' S/wheels won't work on a 147

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a quote for a GT clock spring and Wheel, presume they are the same? Actually drive a Lusso now which I fitted a GT steering wheel to a few years back so I know it will fit, wish I'd kept the old one now so I could take the GT one off again. But will the clock spring be the same?

And thanks for the help, really want the car but can't believe the lack of spec in it compared to a Lusso

L

·
0 Posts
assuming the Yellow, Green & Blue connector is at the back of the stereo no extra wiring needed

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds good, think i'll go ahead with the buy in this case. Just gotta retrofit this and cruise control and I will be a happy man. Can't wait to collect her!!!

·
Administrator
87,042 Posts
Hope it works out for you :thumbs:
What colour you going for ? I saw a Black Blackline on Carzone for sale locally :cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its the Blue one on Carzone actually, up at €8995 from Tractamotors. Only has 34K on the clock and belts done so should be a great car once I get the few things sorted

·
Administrator
87,042 Posts
I should have looked at your thread in the Tech Lounge ;)
I saw that one also when searching for 2008 147s on Carzone, I can vouch for the colour, very rare :D

·
Administrator
87,042 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think the best thing for me to do is see if i have the connectors at the back of the Head Unit before doing anything else. Will post a pic over the weekend when I get the car and hopefully someone will know what to look for

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
If it's any help I've an after market Pioneer stereo in my 2000 gtv with steering wheel controls added on and they work fine.
But it's not an OEM Alfa Steering wheel with controls, right? You just have a Pioneer or some other aftermarket remote control on or near the wheel itself?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts