Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen an advert on Pistonheads for a 2.5 Sportronic wagon in lusso spec. This would suit my better half.....got to get her away from that Volvo.

Advice please. This car seems to have been registered long after production ceased, Q system..........is that the limited slip diff, what on earth is ZZ-TBC and do I really need to know.

I enjoyed my 2.5 saloon immensely but that was 12 years ago. The auto is the right choice for our circumstances now whatever anyone has to say about the 6 speed box.
Any comments, specific or not, please.

Kind regards, Aggy

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
Q-System is a traditional 4-Speed Automatic gearbox.

Is it a facelift, or the original front?

·
Registered
11,449 Posts
I'm sure I've seen this (or one of these?) on here before; the number plate centralised:vomit:

Was this to do with Malaysian number plate regs? Or just bad taste/ stupidity?? (must be bad for airflow round radiator??)

Always a major step up from a Volvo though:lol::thumbs:

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
Numberplate needs moving to the correct location.
Remember it is a 2002 (at latest a 2003) car.

Also remember the tax implications after March 2006 registrations...

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
Was this to do with Malaysian number plate regs? Or just bad taste/ stupidity?? (must be bad for airflow round radiator??)
Just an idiot ignoring the obvious numberplate mount on the bumper.

and yes it will block airflow to the rad.

L

·
0 Posts
Just an idiot ignoring the obvious numberplate mount on the bumper.

and yes it will block airflow to the rad.
maybe the thermostat is stuck open, this could be the owners way to keep the engine hot :cheese:

or make it more 166 looking :vomit:

·
Registered
327 Posts
I don't think the 2.5 engine and Q-system work well together. I had a Sportwagon for 6 months and although it was smooth and quiet it really felt quite sluggish unless you revved its socks off, then the mpg was dreadful. Plus that heavy engine makes the handling quite ponderous.
I swapped mine for a 147 2.0TS which immediately felt much more lively.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Garage response basically: not an import, first registered 2007, full history with last service in 2010.........and we know nothing about Alfas! Suggested to them that as a Citroen franchise they might be suspicious if I wanted to PX a 2007 XM........no comment.

My conclusion, thanks to all your help, is that this is probably a 2002 car that has been laid up for whatever reason (did someone think it might become a classic?) and finally commissioned in 2007. A 9 year old Alfa that remained unused for 5 years and has not had it's 60000 mile service. Not of any further interest to me.

Thank you for your helpful comments, Aggy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts