Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When car hits a bump or small hole i am getting a sound as if shocks are worn it sounds like its at the front, near or offside unknown. When driving in wet conditions it gradually disapears making me think its a DRY component? i have taken car to a garage who is a friend he has lubricated various parts but still not found problem, he does not think its the shock obsorbers.
The only way i can describe the noise is its like old leaf springs when they are rusted up and groan when compressed, it is not a knocking sound more like two parts rubbing.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Try the thingies that attach the exhaust to the car. They have rubber joints and if their screws are lose you get the rubbing sound. You may have to look for the nuts under the carpet, inside the car.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Sounds like upper wish bone to me I had that happen to me recently. I took my GT down to Autolusso and they found the victim straight away.

·
Registered
2020, Giulia Veloce, Silverstone Grey and Black Leather
392 Posts
Yes same thing happened to me before Christmas. I took mine to NJS at Pershore and they changed the two top arms. Then you realise how worn they were. It cost around £220 parts and labour.:)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Does it sound like the noise is coming form behind the top corners of the dash?
Upper wishbones are the most likely cause. Only use genuine parts, or you'll be doing them again.

·
Registered
2020, Giulia Veloce, Silverstone Grey and Black Leather
392 Posts
Yes I agree only use AR parts. NJS made clear to me that they would fit AR Upper wish bones. The 'cheapies' off e-bay, barely last a year!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
So......

Yes I agree only use AR parts. NJS made clear to me that they would fit AR Upper wish bones. The 'cheapies' off e-bay, barely last a year!
.....'bout the same as originals then :p

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
The whishbone bushes etc will make a creeking sound when you drive over a real bump, even slowly, and it´s quite evident that it comes from somewhere around the wheel area. The exhaust device sound I talk about comes from beneath the front seats, and is "rubbing". Sounds almost like when two things rub against each other. Can be heard when the car goes over small dumps and when you make a sudden start.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts