Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Brera with a Bluetooth enabled stereo, the pre Blue & Me system. It will not connect to my iPhone although sometimes it does reference my phone.
I was speaking with the chap from A For Alfa today and he s there is a download available to fix the issue, does anyone know where I can get this?
Regards Roger

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Welcome to AO.

Sadly there were never any updates for the Bluetooth-only system.
Only Blue&Me.

First step would be to delete all user & pairing data and reset
the system. (You will also need to reset the windows after a battery disconnect.)

Then try pairing again.

The alternative is to try and get a fix on the iPhone side.
What iPhone is it?

The Alfa Bluetooth system implements an old but very standard BT handfree profile.
It should be legacy compatible with any phone.
(Although Apple are notorious for Bluetooth incompatibilities.)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to AO.

Sadly there were never any updates for the Bluetooth-only system.
Only Blue&Me.

First step would be to delete all user & pairing data and reset
the system. (You will also need to reset the windows after a battery disconnect.)

Then try pairing again.

The alternative is to try and get a fix on the iPhone side.
What iPhone is it?

The Alfa Bluetooth system implements an old but very standard BT handfree profile.
It should be legacy compatible with any phone.
(Although Apple are notorious for Bluetooth incompatibilities.)
Hi -

Interested to know if anybody has been successful in getting the Bluetooth-only system to work with an iPhone. Mine will pair with my iPhone and connect, but won't stay connected. Currently running with phone working on loudspeaker, placed on a magnetic holder.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's an iPhone 6 with iOS 10.3.1 - though the last time I tried it would have been a few updates ago. I'll have another monkey around with it and see if I get any joy. Thanks for the advice.
Closer... I deleted data, killed all the other BT connections on my phone, and with a bit of diddling around, managed to get the phone to stay connected and was able to use voice commands to dial numbers. However when I the calls connected I could not hear the person at the other end, and they could not hear me. Guess the next step is the battery disconnect.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Closer... I deleted data, killed all the other BT connections on my phone, and with a bit of diddling around, managed to get the phone to stay connected and was able to use voice commands to dial numbers. However when I the calls connected I could not hear the person at the other end, and they could not hear me. Guess the next step is the battery disconnect.....
Well, today I have tried deleting user data, then disconnecting battery for approx 40mins, then reconnecting and try again. No further improvement - I can get the phone to connect to the system, which recognises my iPhone and the carrier connection,but it won't stay connected; drops out and needs to be manually reconnected. Probably stuck with the magnetic holder/loudspeaker solution.....:thinking:

·
Registered
26 Posts
my dad had an issue in an Outlander when upgrading from the Iphone 5 to a 6 so i wonder if there is a change in the bluetooth modules in the handsets affecting compatability

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have you tried with a different (i.e. android) phone just to check if the car system is okay?
No I haven't, have only been trying with my iPhone. It's a good suggestion, thanks - I will try with a friend's Samsung phone and see if I get any further.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts