Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My 147 started to overheat of few weeks ago, but i caught it early and she never got too hot! After that she struggled to start and it got to the point where she only started with quick-start spray and now she has no spark!
I have also replaced the thermostat and the heat sending unit on it, cam-belt and water pump. Can anyone please give me some pointers.

Regards

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Clean up the earth points on cylinder head and ECU chassis for a start. Sometimes the ECU's chassis/frame earth wire can be a bit brittle and exposed and I've seen engines where this can create a no spark fault.

There is also an earth on the ignition coil mounting frame. Ditto. (clean/repair the terminals and protect with ACF-50 anti corrosion spray).

It is a good idea to check ECU and fuel pump relays and terminals and battery positive terminal distribution board connections and fusible links.

All this info is in the guide section in a sticky in this forum. Hopefully it is nothing too involved but remember some bits of wiring can be a bit unprotected and s the cars are now older they can require a bit of attention.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts