Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!! For some reason my radio has lost the traffic announcment settings, not just friom the stations but from the menu as well, its just disappeared. I know its probably something I've done but tried everything I can think of to get it back with no joy.

Any one have any ideas??

Cheers.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Same thing has happened with mine... As far I can tell I pressed preset button 1 while the missus pressed the fm button, it beeped and I lost traffic reports, also lost a couple of other menu functions?

Asked my dealer when it went in for service but the guy couldn't give a toss as wasn't interested in trying to sort it...:mad:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just Press The "menu" Button On The Radio And Use The Round Rhs Button That Allows You To Scroll Up/down & Left And Right.

On It Somewhere Should Be Something Called Tp That Will Enable Or Disable Traffic Programs.

If It's Enabled, We Will Have To Think Of Something Else.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately the section of the menu that switches the traffic on /off has dissapeared aswell as the TA/TP notification when tuned into a station.

Its getting annoying now spent 45 mins stuck on the M25 yesterday just to do 1 junction!

I wonder if the radios covered on the warranty or is there some small print somewhere that I have missed?

·
Registered
157 Posts
alfa lover,

Good luck with dealer, I asked my dealer to look at this when it was in for first service, the moron who took my keys said it would be investigated though when I collected it the car he couldn't care less, just said the mechanic had tested the radio and it worked!

Yes I know its works you pillock, if you had listened to me maybe it really would have been investigated properly...

These days I rely on Tom Tom to re-route around bad traffic.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Update...

They (Donalds of Peterborough) had a look at the stereo, and confirmed that there is an 'internal fault' (techie speak for 'we don't really know what the problem is, so we will order a new head unit and hope that solves the problem').

New head unit will be ordered and fitted in next week or so, will let you know if that solves the problem...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats good news, at least they didnt argue over the warranty!

Mine goes in on thursday. will see if i get the same.......

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Bit late - only just seen this thread. I had exactly the same 6 months ago - dealer replaced the radio and all OK since
Nick

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
:cool: :thumbs:

·
Registered
157 Posts
AAARRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S HAPPENED AGAIN!!!!!

Started the car this morning, Media player started straight away, but I wanted the radio, I stabbed the 'Preset 1' button by mistake, then hit 'FM' straight after, the following then appeared on the Radio screen:

'SUD AMERICA MODE'

Then my presets were gone, along with a few menu functions, including Traffic reports!

Does that message mean anything to anyone?

·
Premium Member
7,532 Posts
AAARRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S HAPPENED AGAIN!!!!!

Started the car this morning, Media player started straight away, but I wanted the radio, I stabbed the 'Preset 1' button by mistake, then hit 'FM' straight after, the following then appeared on the Radio screen:

'SUD AMERICA MODE'

Then my presets were gone, along with a few menu functions, including Traffic reports!

Does that message mean anything to anyone?

From the elearn cd:

<snip>
Mode for europe / south america (n.b.: information not contained in owner's handbook)
The two modes can be activated in sequence by pressing BN and preselection button 1 simultaneously within 5 seconds of switching the radio on. The mode selected will be displayed on the radio for 2 secs.

Examples:
_ E U R O P E _ (RDS side)
S U D _ A M E R (RDS side)

Setting pre-defined by the Manufacturer: EUROPE
<snip>

·
Registered
157 Posts
From the elearn cd:

<snip>
Mode for europe / south america (n.b.: information not contained in owner's handbook)
The two modes can be activated in sequence by pressing BN and preselection button 1 simultaneously within 5 seconds of switching the radio on. The mode selected will be displayed on the radio for 2 secs.

Examples:
_ E U R O P E _ (RDS side)
S U D _ A M E R (RDS side)

Setting pre-defined by the Manufacturer: EUROPE
<snip>
JWQ,

Thank you! I did this and it sorted everything, the radio is back to normal.

If only Alfa dealers knew how to work thier own cars, they wouldn't have had to have replaced all these radios under warranty...

Top man :thumbs:

Just to clarify, if anyone has the same problem, to revert the Stereo back to 'Europe' Setting, start the car, and within 5 seconds press 'Preset 1' and 'FM' buttons in quick succession.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Handy to know how to fix this as I always go for the radio when the media player kicks in automaticaly so it would only be a matter of time till i did it again.

why does it not suprise me that the dealerships dont know about this................

·
Registered
518 Posts
I was literally laughing out loud at this thread!!! It reminded me of my wife's Fiat Stilo JTD that although a great car, had numerous interesting details like the one above!!! i.e. The Blaupunkt cd changer would only work when if you pressed said button 3 times within 2 secs of the car turning on, and it needed to be a full moon!!! LOL What amazed me more is the Alfa chap!!! Damn dealers!!! should know a little more about their own cars!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts