Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking at getting a 147 GTA for my wife. We have found a 2006 model for only a bit more than the 2004 models ...... are there any improvements in teh 2006 model.

Also I saw the story in top gear and assume that it was JC being a moron making it understeer so much ?

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Hi,

I am looking at getting a 147 GTA for my wife. We have found a 2006 model for only a bit more than the 2004 models ...... are there any improvements in teh 2006 model.

Also I saw the story in top gear and assume that it was JC being a moron making it understeer so much ?

Thanks
Steve
There aren't any changes other than the brakes were uprated in 2003.

I haven't found mine to be understeery at all, standard suspension was a bit weird though, felt very much like it was kicking front to back on the limit in corners making me back off, sorted that out with a strut brace which has made the car awesome in my eyes.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I haven't found mine to be understeery at all, standard suspension was a bit weird though, felt very much like it was kicking front to back on the limit in corners making me back off, sorted that out with a strut brace which has made the car awesome in my eyes.
What strut brace you got? How good is it? How is it in the rain or greesy roads? You got a Q2 or uprated suspension an all?

Steve Q2 it, makes it so much more managable! Best upgrade you can get:D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Cheers Ghosty! Whats it like in the wet though?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input, looks like a strut brace and Q2 will go on first if we get one. We are going for a drive in a couple tomorrow.

I was thinking a set of OZ Racing Ultraleggeras would look really good on a 147 as well.

·
Registered
313 Posts
you would be thinking very smartly, try a set of 19's on the gta, it would look perfect and maybe go for the tinted colour, not the alloy.

Whereabouts in Australia are you from because there are alot of us on the Aus website that could help you out alot in regards to your purchase. there is someone looking at buying a gta at the moment and that thread would be very handy.

ausalfa.com • Index page

1 - 7 of 7 Posts