Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I was thinking about changing some of my bulb to LEDs, according to my manual I have P21W bulbs in rear indicator, rear fog light and reverse light, and a PY21W as a front indicator. Now I did a quick check on the rear indicator and it's a H21W. Am I safe to assume that all P21W and PY21W bulbs are actually H(Y)21W?
As for the front indicator, would I need an amber one (HY21W) or a H21W would suffice since the front indicator has an Amber filter in the front of it?

When it comes to changing the indicators to LED, do I need to add something like a relay or I can just plug and play them just like with a normal light? (I've changed my front sidelight to LED and that was just a simple replace)
I'm looking at buying this right now.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
30,372 Posts
Yes they are H21W.
If it has the amber front in the indicators, you just need the normal H21W bulbs.

There are a few errors in the GT manual...!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they are H21W.
If it has the amber front in the indicators, you just need the normal H21W bulbs.

There are a few errors in the GT manual...!

What about the indicator replacement for LEDs? Do I need anything special or just change the bulbs for LEDs?

·
Registered
30,372 Posts
The resistance will be different for LEDs, so the flash rate is likely to be too fast unless there is a ballast resistor built in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts