Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Alfa 156 JTDM with all round electric windows; the rear N/S window was not used over the winter months, and was operated for the first time this year today. Initially it would not move, motor switch was clicking, then it did move as usual down. Upon going back up, the window would not close fully, but stopped about an inch from the top.

I have removed the door card/membrane and applied copious amounts of silicone spray on the runners/regulator ( as far as I could without dismantling them !) but every time the window stops in the same place.

I was wondering if there is some safety mechanism that has been activated to prevent the window closing fully ?

This is my second 156 and although I have had the usual problems with sticking ( ie not working at all) motors which have responded to a sharp tap with a hammer while holding the switch on ) I have not come across this current issue before.

Any advice welcome !

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
Can't say I've come across that issue.....although sticky rear windows are common of course. I'll probably have a mechanism if you want to replace it, but it may just be part of the runners blocking it at the top of the run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts