Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking at fitting an IPOD/Aux connector into the GT but just have a question...

My headunit doesn't have the option for CD changer, am I right in thinking you need to trick the headunit into thinking it does or is it simply a no go and I'll need a newer headunit?

I've done some reading but just wanted to clear this up. Cheers :thumbs:

·
Registered
78 Posts
alfa do a lead kit that allows a ipod touch (so ipod?) to coneect to the radio.

it uses the steering wheel controls so work volume/next track/next play list/pause to work.

it will not show the tacks name but you can set up 10 play lists instead of the usual 6 .

what radio do you have?

mine has the bose system with mp3 info on CDR discs

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
The option for the CD changer will be there, if you connect up a CD changer. I presume you're saying there's no CD changer connected; and not saying that it wouldn't be possible.

Some basic adaptors (ie: just a lead) need to be modified as you suggest, to 'trick' the headunit into seeing the adaptor connected to the CD changer socket. Others (eg: Loudlink, Dension Gateway) will work fine without modifications. So it depends what you're buying.

:)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's just a standard Blaupunkt CD player..

The socket on the back of the unit where the CD changer is meant to go, there aren't any pins so I assume it can't be done??

Oh and happy chrismas :thumbs:

·
Registered
78 Posts
The option for the CD changer will be there, if you connect up a CD changer. I presume you're saying there's no CD changer connected; and not saying that it wouldn't be possible.

Some basic adaptors (ie: just a lead) need to be modified as you suggest, to 'trick' the headunit into seeing the adaptor connected to the CD changer socket. Others (eg: Loudlink, Dension Gateway) will work fine without modifications. So it depends what you're buying.

and for once the alfa's own lead is the cheapest option of the above.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
It's just a standard Blaupunkt CD player..

The socket on the back of the unit where the CD changer is meant to go, there aren't any pins so I assume it can't be done??
Ah, I didn't know some GTs had such a basic model fitted.

If there's no pins, then you're right, it can't be done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts