Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I accelerate at anything more than a crawl I get this weird rustling noise from my left front wheel area that is directly related to how fast I am going. I want to call it a "woosh" but it isn't the same as the noise the car made when the intercooler tube was cracked. It doesn't happen when cruising at constant speed or interestingly enough whilst turning left and accelerating. Also not just from revving the car, so I think it is not the lower turbo tube, but I haven't been able to get under the car to check for cracks just yet. I think something is rubbing down there but I can't find any obvious perpetrator. I just replaced my upper turbo intercooler tube and the one I bought was slightly too short so I was pushing pretty hard to get it onto the upper port of the intercooler (I think -- not the part that is right on top of the engine, but the part down in the left wheel well) and I am wondering if there is something I might have run the risk of loosening or dislodging? Any help is appreciated -- I am hoping I don't need to lift the car up since I do not have jacks, but if I have to I will get them.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts