Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I'd keep at them if I were you. My '05 GTA had a problem with the paint on the leading edge of the wing. The paint had cracked and there was rust bubbling up underneath. The Alfa Romeo zone manager inspected the car and approved the repair. He went round the car with a paint depth gauge and said the paint depth was as it should be. He also had a little magnifying glass and had a good look at the area concerned (obviously looking for stone chip damage). I discovered later that the same thing was starting on the leading edge of the bonnet beside the grill/badge and this was repaired also.

Just to clarify, when you say area manager do you mean the Alfa Romeo zone manager and did he inspect the car and turn down the repair?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
gwales said:
To be honest I am not sure if it was the dealers area manager or the Alfa Zone manager. He basically has never asked to see the car although I was told this would happen on his next visit.

I have spoken to them by phone in the meantime and the dealer have sent various photos by email. Having pressed them for an answer they have told me that they received a letter instructing them that their body shop manager makes the call.

I still don't know if this is Arnold Clark or Alfa that are calling the shots (I would expect Alfa). Arnold Clark have a huge monopoly on the Scottish motor industry (not just Alfa franchises) and their reputation for cocking things up is legendary.

I will ensure that they convince me that a previous repair has been done to the car if they attempt to side step this. It may be the case but not to my eye!
It would be a bit strange if Alfa left it to a body shop to make the call on whether a potentially expensive repair was a warranty job. Personally, I would ask to speak to the dealer's customer services manager and insist that they get an Alfa Romeo representative to look at it. BTW the guy that dealt with mine was called Peter Lynch and I think he covers most, if not all, of the UK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.