Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
That's horrible, looks like a chav mutant has got his grubby little hands on a 147 and a copy of Max Power :(

·
Registered
677 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
That's horrible, looks like a chav mutant has got his grubby little hands on a 147 and a copy of Max Power :(
Do you think so?

It's all functional :confused:

The chap who tweaked my twinny races one of these, and drives a 156 GTA as his daily car. He reckons about 15 seconds a lap between these cars, at the Most track (about the size of Croft), that's a huge difference, even allowing for slicks.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Do you think so?

It's all functional :confused:
Exactly! This is what gets to me with the whole 'Chav' theory....it has got to the point where a lot of people see any car that does not look like it has simply rolled off the production line and they instantly label it as being 'chavved up':rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
OK, so maybe the chav comment was a bit harsh....... but I still don't like it at all. For starters, why use a GTA front bumper when the extra intakes are going to be blanked off? And the extra lines and vents on the bottom of the bumper just look nasty. I don't like the rear spoiler either, it's like it was made for a different car......... like a Cinquecento :p

Maybe I just don't appreciate the 'raw' look of it. I'll stop being a Victor Meldrew and leave this thread alone ;)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
OK, so maybe the chav comment was a bit harsh....... but I still don't like it at all. For starters, why use a GTA front bumper when the extra intakes are going to be blanked off? And the extra lines and vents on the bottom of the bumper just look nasty. I don't like the rear spoiler either, it's like it was made for a different car......... like a Cinquecento :p

Maybe I just don't appreciate the 'raw' look of it. I'll stop being a Victor Meldrew and leave this thread alone ;)
;)

It's not a GTA front bumper on the one in the first post. It is a standard bumper with extra vents cut out and meshed up at the side of the lights. All the vents and the carbon fibre chin spoiler are there for aerodynamics and not to make it look pretty :D Same goes for the rear spoiler...all there to 'work' rather than to make the car look different.

That is why I personally think it looks amazing..not in a 'stylish' way but in a purposfull way that tells you exactly what the car is about:cool:

There was a GTA version though if I remember correctly which did use the GTA shell with similar visual aerodynamic additions but I think it used a 2.0 TS engine. That is all down to advertising and promoting the top of the range in a brand. I think the 156 GTA's that were used a few Years ago in the ETCC also ran 2.0lt TS engines as that was all that was allowed under the regs.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
This one uses the 2 litre twinny engine too, you can clearly see it in the linky link provided by Gilbertr14. Just the silver plastic off, and converted to 4 spark plugs. My friend's car has the same engine, giving out cca 220 bhp. His car weighs a shade under 900 kg, and uses KW race suspension, LSD and custom made 330 mm front brakes. Beautiful car. :cool:

;)

There was a GTA version though if I remember correctly which did use the GTA shell with similar visual aerodynamic additions but I think it used a 2.0 TS engine. That is all down to advertising and promoting the top of the range in a brand. I think the 156 GTA's that were used a few Years ago in the ETCC also ran 2.0lt TS engines as that was all that was allowed under the regs.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sorry, hate it. The automotive equivalent of putting Tabasco sauce on smoked Salmon.

No doubt it shifts... but its lost the class.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sorry, hate it. The automotive equivalent of putting Tabasco sauce on smoked Salmon.

No doubt it shifts... but its lost the class.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts