Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a problem with the in-car heater options on my 2003 156 JTD (facelift model). When I turn on the in-car fan I can't seem to switch the fan direction from anything but the 'in your face' option. When I turn the dial clockwise/anti-clockwise the display doesn't scroll through any other options. There is a 'mode' button on the dial which I've seen youtubers use in order to change options but this button is just a blank on my car, it seems, even though 'mode' is still written on it. I've a feeling that I'll need a new pollen filter anyway because the airflow is very low even on full blast but I wouldn't expect that this affects the option switch...?

I'm by no means a mechanic so am fine with the old 'drop it into your mechanic' line. But, just in case it was a quick fix for a layman, I said I'd ask on here. Can't provide a picture or video if that would help.

Thanks all,

P

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
The middle dial rotates to increase decrease air flow. Below the dial 2 buttons change the direction of the flow. Are these the buttons that do nothing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's not the setup on my car anyway. The middle dial increases/decreases air flow. Beside this there is a right-most dial which changes the direction of the flow. When I turn the dial clockwise or anti-clockwise the direction doesn't change. Even on the display, it stays as the 'in your face' position. Probably an issue with the switch would you reckon? i.e. the dial.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way, I meant to say "CAN provide a picture or video if that would help". Bloody typo. No issues posting one tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts