Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

My beloved 2003 156 will be, I believe, an insurance write-off after sliding into a tree in the snow last night causing severe damage to the n/s wing, the bonnet, and the front bumper, and also damage to the edge of the n/s front door.

My question is two-fold;

What is the (Parkers or otherwise) value of 53 plate 156 JTS Veloce with 78,000 on the clock in good condition with fsh?

and

What is the same car worth when sold for spares or repair with the damage outlined above?

I know it isn't an exact science, all I'm after is a ball park figure because I need to make some decisions today about what to do with the car.

Cheers.

J

·
Registered
989 Posts
bad times :

Original PriceMore info £19,350
Franchised DealerMore info £1,270
Independent DealerMore info £1,095
Private GoodMore info £935
Private PoorMore info £730
Part ExchangeMore info £790
The prices above are based on:

A mileage of 80,000 (average for age)
Options selected: None

So I guess you're looking at a grand for settlement and scrap would be <£730 :(

if you believe parkers that is!

M

·
0 Posts
CAP value's your car at £910 in good condition, £770 average.

£1000 would be a generous offer from your insurers.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Autotrader has various 156 JTS between £2-3k depending on where they're being sold. Can't say on value when broken for spares, but given age, condition and mileage I'd try to get it fixed, unless there's terminal damage behind what is visible. A wing and a bonnet shouldn't be too much from a breakers.

Bad luck with the weather; important thing is you weren't hurt.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers people. Yeah, I'm fine. It crumpled where it should, it was actually much softer than I thought it would be (I've never hit a tree before!). Was only going slowly luckily.

Had the car 3 years and the general consensus is that she was a good one; she never went wrong and had any of the problems associated with Alfas. To say me and the wife are gutted about our lovely "Rosa" is an understatement. The wife was rubbing her wing and soothing her earlier!

Very sad.

Anyone got a good 159 going for £4-5k?!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
How things change in a year, the same happened to me last year on my old 156 SW 1.6 Veloce, with 102,000 on the clock. Was sent a cheque for £2495 from my insurance.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Bought two Jts recently one for £265 on 52 with 72k on the clock with collapsed cat, second one sportswagon with 52k on 03 which was cat d repaired for £360.The 52 is my winter car and is a great little car not sure what I am going to do with the 03 yet as it is selespeed and I am not a fan of this system.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
The valuation of your car can often come down to the opinion of the engineer inspecting the damage.Even if you have so called protected no claims your excess and future policy increase may not make it viable to claim if all you end up getting offered is say £700 then your excess comes off and your premiums go up.If you have not got protected no claims work out your ncb discount ask them how much they are taking off if you claim.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts