Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

As above, read the other threads but there all for newer models of the 147 remote with the L.E.D

All buttons on my key remote just stopped working. Tried replacing battery still didnt work.

Also pulled key apart and everything looks ok.

Do anyone know how to resync key remotes without going to the dealer?

Cheers rich

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Does the light on the key come on when you press the buttons?

EDIT: Oh, looks like your key doesn't have a light, sorry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tonight i stripped the key down again and noticed there is an L.E.D on the circuit board just no hole in the casing so you cant see it once the key is assembled. I operated the buttons with the casing off and the L.E.D does illuminate for all three buttons.

So how do you resync the car code with the remote code?

The car only came with key, but i do have the key code card. Whats the best/cheapest way to get another key? Doesnt have to be a remote just a spare to get into the car and start it.

Thanks again, its my first alfa only bought it last week... love it already

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
there is no resync as such, but you could disconnect the minus of the battery for 20 minutes or so to reset the bodycomputer......
Just like with MS Windows, it sometimes helps for funny problems :p

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
If i disconnect the battery will i need a radio code?

Cheers
No, on the 147 (and gt) the radiocode is only required when the radio is transferred to another car, or a new radio is installed for the first time....

P.S. if you don't have your radiocode, and want it, you can always get it here:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/140598-need-a-radio-code-ask-here.html

p.p.s. the thread about programming keys does not apply to the 147.
If you want to program (new) keys, you need to visit your dealer, or use a program like multiecuscan (payed version, see www.multiecuscan.net ) and the codecard for your car.

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
b.t.w., does the central locking work via the key and button on the dash ?
If not, it could of course also be a blown fuse for the central locking.....:p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bugger was hoping that wouldn't be the case,not sure why it just stopped working...

Yes i checked the fuse, central locking with key and dash button are still work.

It appears the key must have just got out of sync...

Does Chris on here still refurbish keys if you post them to him, I think there might also be a guy called Tony on here from Australia?

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
Bugger was hoping that wouldn't be the case,not sure why it just stopped working...

Yes i checked the fuse, central locking with key and dash button are still work.

It appears the key must have just got out of sync...

Does Chris on here still refurbish keys if you post them to him, I think there might also be a guy called Tony on here from Australia?
did you try the battery disconnect ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes today i disconnected the battery at lunch and left it for ten minutes then reconnected and tried operating the keys. Nothing happened.

Anyother ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts