Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everyone, quick question, well 2 questions actually, i have a 2002 156 1.8TS with the facelift interior,

1st the climate control, is it just me or does it seem to somewhat have a mind of it's own, as for example come home from work with blower on 3 bars blowing on the windscreen temp set to Hi, in morning start it up to warm up before i go to work, comes on the same as i left it night before, come back out 5 mins later and blower is on full and going down into the footwell, and it always seems to revert to this setting when going from any temperature setting onto hi is this normal?

and 2nd is what exactly is the point of the average mpg B etc etc cause i can't seem to fathom out any set pattern as to what this follows and how long it works for

G

·
When set on HIGH, the system starts to blow air to the windscreen, but it will only allow a set amount of air to enter the cabin whilst the engine is cold. Once the engine warms, and has the ability to warm the air, it increases air flow to clear the screen more quickly. There is a sensor which monitors the temperature in the car. When a preset temp is reached, the system assumes the screen will be clear and sends the air down to warm your feet! As hot air rises, it still helps to keep the screen clear. I can't help with the second question, I never bother with my trip computer.

G

·
B is a separate trip that you can reset just like A or
you can set it to automatically reset before each journey.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
B is a separate trip that you can reset just like A or
you can set it to automatically reset before each journey.
mine must be set to reset all the time then as it's different everytime i drive, i've never bothered with it, occasioanlly have the range on but that's about it, it's depressing to see the numbers plummit when you press the noisy pedal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts