Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I am preaching to the choir here, but, I have to say I was blown away by a 2001 Spider 24v v6 with 62,000k's on the clock, red with black interior.

I drive a SAAB lpt vert and thought there could be no way that the Spider would be a huge amount better to warrant a change, well, I will be the first to say that this vehicle ticked all the boxes for me.

Interior - great, even though seats are quite firm I found them to be very comfortable and supportive, dash looks great at night, steering wheeel size is perfect for a drivers car, not keen on stock radio as it seemed to be very very fiddly, ventilation seemed fine and should be okay for cold Canberra winters.

Handling - very surprised, tight, direct, and very responsive, far superior to my Holden err I mean SAAB.

Power - well what can I say, brilliant, tooling around in 4th at low speed and take off as easy as pie, what with the note of the exhaust it is a great combination.

Wonderful car, as long as dealer comes to the party as in getting cam belt change done and a few other things then we are talking deal in the next few days.

Very very impressed, my very first Alfa too, so it is a fine introduction.:thumbs:

·
Registered
Alfa Giulietta MA 170 Exclusive
1,480 Posts
good stuff, hope the negotiations go to plan

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I have done the deed and am now the proud owner of a 2001 Alfa Spider 24v v6 3 litre with 62,500k's on the clock.

It is Red with black interior, standard Alfa colour I guess but all through my life the red has been very Alfa so being a traditionalist I am happy with this combination.

Pick it up next Wednesday after it has had a 60,000k service including cam belt change etc, new aerial, new door rubber door seals, hood to be working as I had a failure when test driving...this will be dealt with properly as it is being serviiced by a good reputable Alfa place here.

Naturally I am chuffed, nervous but chuffed, first Alfa and I feel I have scored a goodie and a real drivers car which is the impression I strongly had when test driving, it had to be very good to wean me off a 10 year affair with SAAB's dating back to the c900's to the 9-3's and indeed it was.

So I guess you may be hearing from me with niggles and questions, but not too often I hope and pray.

I will be joining AO as I believe in supporting those that give back.

Cheers to all.

Lee

·
Registered
Alfa Giulietta MA 170 Exclusive
1,480 Posts
congrats on the buy, bet you cant wait to take delivery

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
congratulatios man...mine's going to the shop too for a belt change and a couple of other bits and bops..cant wait to get it back...
good, strong choice you've made...you will be pleased:thumbs:

·
Registered
435 Posts
I had a 9-3 lpt 'vert too! I've now got the 3.0 Gtv. I have to say I'm having a lot more fun with my na engine and extra horses :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts