Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Is there a recommended treatment for the roof rubber seals on the Spider?
I want to keep them in tip top condition.

Apart from the roof seals is there a list of maintenace items an owner can perform on the roof to, as best as possible, ensure the roof is maintained to the best it can be?

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
Autoglym sell a nice rubber preserver called 'bumper and trim gel'. This restores rubber trim back to black and helps to keep it in good condition.

Autoglym also produce a 'hood preserver' kit, PaulR on here has recently used this and the feedback was good.

If the black fabric of the hood itself begins to fade, then 'Renovo' is an excellent product. I use this on my hood (which is the original 1995 item) and it really makes it look very smart:thumbs:

·
Administrator
23,084 Posts
Autoglym sell a nice rubber preserver called 'bumper and trim gel'. This restores rubber trim back to black and helps to keep it in good condition.

Autoglym also produce a 'hood preserver' kit, PaulR on here has recently used this and the feedback was good.

If the black fabric of the hood itself begins to fade, then 'Renovo' is an excellent product. I use this on my hood (which is the original 1995 item) and it really makes it look very smart:thumbs:
Yep - the Autoglym kit worked well for me - £20 and I only used half of it.

I might go for the rubber gel as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roof Maintenance

Thanks guys for the cosmetic maintenance tips.
Are there any maintenance items for the hydraulics and motors involved in opening and closing the roof?
Any levels to check etc.
I want to give myself the best possible chance to keep the roof working properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts