Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently transferred duty stations from Italy to Bahrain and had my 2001 Alfa Romeo 166 shipped over here. The battery was dead by the time it got here (of course), and now I need an ICS code for the radio. I bought the car used, and it didn't come with a code card. I called the dealership in Italy for assistance, but they weren't very helpful at all. I would REALLY appreciate some help on this. The number which appears on the screen is SN 2070068461.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There are 2 generation ics units used in 166.
Their serial codes both starts with "BE" charactersa and follows 2569 or 2580. ?f your ics code starts with BE2559 you are lucky. Because code matrix calculator programs can solve their system code. If your ics code starts with BE2580 there is nothing to do. You have to replace your unit with a BE2569 unit or BE2580 that seller can give the code with unit.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Did the seller give you any paperwork with the car? Similar thing happened to me when my battery was disconnected, I went through all the paperwork and the ICS code was written on the back of one of the booklets.

Also, I've read on here before that the ICS code is sometimes written or coded on the side of the unit itself, so if you take out the ICS and look all around it maybe the code is on there.

Do a search and read a bit on it, definatly been said more than once as it was mentioned about having the code on the side being a security issue...worth a shot!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need a ICS code for Alfa 166

Hi,

Where can i get my ics code?
I got a couple of numbers from behind my stereo, but can´t find a generator to get my Code:furious:.. Can someone pls help?

MLFB: 5WK 78100
S/N AR1000129791/03
Siemens 15.020.365

1 - 4 of 4 Posts