Alfa Romeo Forum banner

2001 Alfa 916 Spider 2.0 TS Lusso in Silver For Sale - Anyone interested?

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Cluffstarr 
#1 ·
Afternoon all,

After over five years of ownership, I have decided it is time to sell my 916 Spider. It is a 2001 car with 97k Miles in Silver Metallic Paint, 17inch Teledials and Red Leather and carpets. I have had some excellent trips in it. We've been through Europe a few times as well as the length of the UK and toured Wales in it.

But in the trappings of modern family life it's not being used and over time will begin to deteriorate (my garage is in use to store another car). If I had a bigger / another garage (or a barn!!!) I'd store it for a few years and then bring it out when I may have time for it - If anyone knows someone /somewhere I could leave it then please let me know...!!!). As it is, I cant justify £60 a month to locally store it for an indefinite amount of time. Also, I could do with the driveway space back!

Anyway, if anyone is interested or knows an interested party please let me know. It has had a lot of love in the past but in the last year or so has been left a little (but with a cover over it). Details below:

Good Points
Cambelt and Balance Belt with tensioners and idler 15 months ago (less than 2k miles ago) with Spark Plugs and Oil Service
New front struts / springs a couple of years ago with less than 2k miles on them
Full Polybushed at rear (ALL 14 BUSHES) by Autolusso Bournemouth with Red Painted Spring Pans / Dog Legs and new shocks / springs in late 2012.
Drilled / Grooved Disks all round with recent brake fluid flush.
New clutch slave cylinder in 2015
Engine is very strong - replacement unit around 60k miles if memory serve me correct
Dunlop Sport Maxx RTs at the front with a lot of tread(6/7mm). Budgets on the back with 4mm on.
Tidy Electric Roof with no issues with the hood release motor (and some spare bits for it) and no rips / holes. Front and rear badges replaced before they became N/A from Alfa
Front Sparco Strut Brace
Replacement Coolant Tank (one of the new batch from EB Spares)

Bad Points
Category C - As documented on here, some numpty knocked in to me at low speed as I turned in to my driveway and knocked the rear bumper off. Autolusso fitted a replacement which is a bit scratched, new bumper irons and a new rear nearside arch liner and it went through the VIC check so it's now fully legal for the road
Boot lid has some bubbling paint that I flatted but took a little too much paint off so it's been dulled a bit
Body work pretty good, but car is 16 years old so condition is otherwise commensurate with that...
Airbag light is on after I removed the seats.

Currently on a Private Plate which does not go with the car.

I'm posting here as there's a chance someone may see it for what it's worth. If I EBay it, I'd get peanuts for it and I'm not doing that. If no interest in a few weeks, I will likely break it as the parts alone are worth a chunk more but I will be sad to do so.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Regularity rally Personal luxury car

Cheers all,
Kieran (Cluffstarr)

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Definitely interested depending on price. Does it have an MOT?
Evening Chaps,

Been out to start the Spider up this evening and have a few points to add-
Car has a newish plastic window I fitted to the hood after the old one cracked in 2013
I have a windbreak to go with the car which I guess is worth £100+ seperately
All Electrics fully functional including good working side window regulators and aerial (common issues on these cars from my time on this forum)
I have a half cover with the car
Car has an Pioneer CD player fitted and an iPod connector integrated with it

Also got a bit of a shock as the MOT is out in a couple of days (thought I had another month!). However, I have checked the mileage and it's done 95,140 miles (not 97k as stated above - that is the mileage of my other car - getting forgetful in my old age!) and that last one was passed with no advisories on 94,795 miles. I will happily run it for another MOT (assuming I can find my OBD2 cable and reset the airbag light!) if I agree a sale as I see no other reason at all why it wouldn't pass. I just haven't gotten round to it now being so busy having a family (and having another car to use).

Pricewise? Given it's a phase 2, the recent belts, cracking suspension, teledials, extras like the windbreak/strut brace and the hefty chunk of documentation, I guess if none Cat C it'd be worth asking what 2750-3000? Looking on Autotrader / pistonheads that seems about right (I never trust EBay prices!).
So something around £1700 I'd say. I'm not in a massive rush and need to get on with putting the plate on retention and sorting an MOT really now I've checked it's due.

Anyway, let me know any further thoughts. As I say I wont let it go for buttons as it's such a good little motor. Summer is around the corner and should be good topless fun for someone. I will try and get some pics when I've moved it into the open from the tight space down the side of my house and I can WhatsApp / email to anyone interested.

Cluffy

#3 ·
Definitely interested depending on price. Does it have an MOT?

#5 ·
PM sent

#6 ·
Just a correction, it's a Weichers Strut Brace, not Sparco

#7 ·
Afternoon all,
The car is now MOTed so if anyone is interested let me know and I can send pictures etc or arrange for you to look at it...

Contact details are cluffstarr@googlemail.com or 07764490619

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.