Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for someone who has a driver side window switch they are willing to sell for asap as the white strip has come off on mine and i cant shut my window :(

·
Registered
6,274 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
I bought one from Autolusso last week, good price, good condition,received next day
very good service, the switch will need to be programmed in !

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi Ned, great service from your company but, I plugged in the switch it worked fine but the mileometer was flashing at 2 second intervals,

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a problem at the moment with the drivers side window operation. The electric windows packed in, The milage readout was flashing on the dashboard, I lost outside temperature readout & boot would not open either via dashboard button or through key fob.

I took it to my local garage & they plugged the old lap top in & found the drivers side switch to be faulty, I have been quoted a price of almost £200 to replace switch. I am having work done on Thursday.

Is this a common fault with switch on the Gt ?

·
Registered
568 Posts
The only thing I can imagine is if the windows close automatically when you lock the car using the remote. I had that on the Blazer, was like armageddon, hit the lock switch and everything would close and lock.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi, I spoke to Veloces in North London who was very helpfull, they quoted me £130.00 for a new switch including programming the car to accept the new bit

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah my milage was flashing when i was coming home from iainfm on saturday when my window wouldnt close so must be a fault in the switch.

autolusso i looked on that website u sent me and could not find a drivers side switch :(
If you have any in how much will you want for it?
and will it actually have to be programmed in or can i just plus it in and away we go?

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,044 Posts
yeah my milage was flashing when i was coming home from iainfm on saturday when my window wouldnt close so must be a fault in the switch.

autolusso i looked on that website u sent me and could not find a drivers side switch :(
If you have any in how much will you want for it?
and will it actually have to be programmed in or can i just plus it in and away we go?
We don’t have any left at the moment

When you fit it you need to disconnect the battery fit the new switch then reconnect the battery then you won’t get a flashing speedo.

If you have a flashing speedo it car needs to be pluged into the Alfa Examiner and have a “proxy alignment” done, this basically configures all the electrical items in the car.

Ned

1 - 17 of 17 Posts