Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All parts available, some will be listed on eBay in the next few days, body work is good if any one wants doors or wings etc, engine and gearbox good.

Car is being broken because of a wiring problem.

Anyone who wants anything are free to call or text me on 07871 283649 or e-mail on [email protected]

By the way it's black

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Richard, yes I have one, I'll take it off this afternoon, give me a call this evening on 07871 283649

Cheers

Jon

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a wiring problem??
Hi Niall

Yep, previous owner tried cutting and pasting the wiring to the lights for some strange reason, so there is no power getting to any of the lights on the boot lid, front fogs, front side lights, and the tail lights come on with the ignition, nothing wrong with the componants just the wiring. Too much of a mess to try and sort out. also needs work on suspension for MOT which is out in 4 weeks.

·
Registered
354 Posts
That's a good point!
Mine is a Facelift model, and the paint code is either 630 or 631.

So before you start spending time taking stuff off, I guess we need to sort this out.

Also: How much do you want for the skin?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Drivers side black plastic side skirt if in good condition, & drivers seat belt in black if perfect with no frays or rips, & must be able to wind in & out freely?

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Hi Niall

Yep, previous owner tried cutting and pasting the wiring to the lights for some strange reason, so there is no power getting to any of the lights on the boot lid, front fogs, front side lights, and the tail lights come on with the ignition, nothing wrong with the componants just the wiring. Too much of a mess to try and sort out. also needs work on suspension for MOT which is out in 4 weeks.
That is weird - wonder what they were upto?? Maybe an array of rally style lights on the bonnet :D

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
That is weird - wonder what they were upto?? Maybe an array of rally style lights on the bonnet :D
:confused:ERR IIRC trying to get fog lights to work for MOT?:cheese:

JonC...How many is that you have euthansed now.

By the time I get round to scrapping mine I will be the only person I can sell the spares to.:cheese:

Pomeo

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No Idea but they made a right mess of it. Looking yesterday I think they might have tried upgrading the headlight to Xenon but the M45 control unit is for the standard lights, not sure if that makes a difference and they tried to bypass it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:confused:ERR IIRC trying to get fog lights to work for MOT?:cheese:

JonC...How many is that you have euthansed now.

By the time I get round to scrapping mine I will be the only person I can sell the spares to.:cheese:

Pomeo
Hmm let me think 4!!!! I by cheap ones, run them around for a while until they give up the ghost, then break them to fund the next one :lol:

·
Registered
641 Posts
JonC, I need a driver's side door mirror in black as the "root" bit that attaches to the car (which seems to be made of white metal) has corroded beneath the paint and gone lumpy.

Must be the powerfold version.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JonC, I need a driver's side door mirror in black as the "root" bit that attaches to the car (which seems to be made of white metal) has corroded beneath the paint and gone lumpy.

Must be the powerfold version.
Hi, yes got one available, already off car and ready to go, if you can email me on [email protected] I will send you some photos.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After speaking to a mate at the local scrap yard I now have another 166 to break, this one is the maroon colour (I'll check colour code tomorrow - Tuesday) and I believe is a 3.0 V6. Does have full electric black leather seats in very good condition, think the auto changer is there and the ICS is available (not sure about the code). email with any questions on [email protected]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts