Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cold Idle very erratic, settles down (but not perfect) once warmed up.
Sluggish acceleration (as though the spark is retarded) in 1st until revs come up, then scoots under hard acceleration, but sometimes jerky under moderate acceleration - through the gears.
Toddles along reasonably smoothly at around 2000 rpm in 4th &5th.
Jerking worse under deceleration.
Fault codes are:-
P0130 Lambda sensor, intermittent, not requested
U1600 Electronic key, intermittent, Not requested
P0110 Air Temperature sensor, intermittent, requested
P0100 Air Flow meter, present, requested, SC to ground
P0325 Knock check 1, present, above top limit
P0221 Accelerator potentiometer, present, not requested

Camblts just done, 100570 kms.

Did the ECU reset procedure, didn't help.

Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Cleaning it won't do anything in this case. So you're saying all those codes come back as soon as you clear them?

The MAF and inlet air temp faults together are a clue because these are both in the MAF and share the wiring, plug, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about slow response, had one hell of a day. Thanks for that. I'll follow up on that in the morning - I can probably lay hands on another MAF to test it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on original problem

Sorry about slow response, had one hell of a day. Thanks for that. I'll follow up on that in the morning - I can probably lay hands on another MAF to test it out.
Ok, rescanned, got two recorded faults - P0100, air flow meter, S.C. to Ground / O.C, and P0200 Accelerator potentiometer, present, requested, signal not feasible.

Pulled the throttle body, and cleaned the contacts. Refitted, all systems go after clearing the memory. Took it for a run, then gave it a 'blat', it took off like a scaled cat, when revs hit about 4500, fuel injection fault indicator came back on. :depressed::irked:

Rescan reads "Knock Check 1, present, requested, above top limit".
Anyone got any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts