Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The O/S Tail light and O/S number plate bulbs recieve a trickle voltage permanently. Does anyone have any ideas as to where the problem may be?

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Stick a 'wanted' at up in the classifieds section, and someone will have one. Any TS one should do, except one from a selespeed.

I may have a silver one for sale later this week... In the meantime, it's probably best to disconnect the rev counter (one screw to remove the shroud, and 3(?) screws holding the counter in place. Pull the plug at the back. I don't think the car will mind... If it does, plug it back in again :thumbs:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I am not entirely sure I understand how the rev counter affects the tail lights but will look back through other threads to see if I can make sense. Have to go to meeting now so thanks for your help and if you do have a silver counter for sale then let me know.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
The bulb out sensor circuit is in the rev counter if this blows up it causes a short in the IC chip and the lights stay on which is what you are seeing - there are numerous threads on this subject.

One person was able to replace the chip and did a write up a few months ago.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Thanks. I am not entirely sure I understand how the rev counter affects the tail lights but will look back through other threads to see if I can make sense. Have to go to meeting now so thanks for your help and if you do have a silver counter for sale then let me know.
If you want... I'll have a shot at repairing your rev counter if you send it to me. Worst case scenario is that the repair doesn't work, in which case you're in no worse a situation...except for the price of postage :thumbs:

I'd really quite like to try fixing it. I repair a lot of electronic stuff (monitors, mostly) ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes that sounds like a plan. How much do you want and where in Preston do you live? I live in Lancaster, so just down the road.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The help available on this forum is great. How about I acquire another rev counter and then send you mine and you can have a go at fixing it - we can work something that leaves me with a counter working or otherwise.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
they are on ebay for £50

as its going to someone on the forum how about £25?

if you want it i can pm you my address or post it to you :thumbs:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That sounds good to me - I guess it is fully working etc? PM me your address and tel number and we can arrange a meet. Apologies for the late reply - had to go out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts