Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Im sure, the same problems discussed a lot of time on that forum. But, i wanted to open new thread anyway. so,

My problem is, my 2001 alfa romeo 156 Selespeed, only 59k miles and there is a transmission problem. When i turn on the ignition before the starting, selespeed warning light on. When i start and when i driving, it's all time on.. And i cant get the 3th gear. Only first and second gears work.. We changed the transmission oil before, But nothing is change.

If i change the transmission ECU, it will be FIX? or DO i have to Change the CLUTCH.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Not likely. It seems your clutch works, as you are able to clutch in and out.

What you have to to do is get AlfaDiag, and connect a laptop to the car. Only then will you know what the problem is. Could be as simple as a recalibration is needed, or a sensor that needs replacing.

But you wont know until you connect the car up to AlfaDiag or FiatECUscan.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi,i am having a very similar problem.i have hooked up to alfadiag and its come up with code P0720,which according to the code list is a speed sensor.the other think that has happened to my 156 ss is thespeedo has stopped working completely but the rev counter still works.does anyone know if they may be connected?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts