Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having owned this car for the best part of 3 years I sadly have to let it go due to the arrival of 159 Sport Wagon.

I purchased the car from the original owner as a stop gap after being let down by a BMW main dealer. So impressed with my first Alfa that I ended up keeping it and only replacing it as I couldn't resist a 159 Ti Sport Wagon.

A bit about the car:

2001 Lusso spec
53000 Miles
Gabiano Blue

I purchased the car with 47000 Miles and the original owner who had the car serviced every year whatever the miles.

When I got the car I had sunny side garage go over it and the following was completed:
Full Service
New cam belt and water pump
New timing variator
New Thermostat

A new windscreen was also fitted due to wiper marks on the original

Since then it has been serviced by the former Sunnyside garage and now Auto Alfa each year. This year it also had two new rear Shock Absorbers.

Last year it had 4 new Good Year Efficient Grip tyres.

She is fitted with an Alpine Stereo with Bluetooth and upgraded speakers. The original will be supplied with the car.

The interior is near immaculate

The exterior is very very good and often gets compliments. There are a few marks but you have to look hard to find them. To make near perfect I would have the front bumper resprayed. The previous owner caught this putting it back into his garage. The paint has crazed on the drivers side and there has been attempts to touch it in. I've prob made it sound worse than it is but you really don't notice it unless looking.

During my ownership it has been 100% reliable and we have made trips to South West France and the Scottish Highlands. On this summers Trip to SW France she returned 38 MPG. I would go anywhere in this car.

I may keep her if I can get her on a classic insurance policy.

I'm not really sure what she's worth but I would be looking for offers in the region of £1100.

The car is Located in Rayleigh Essex

Feel free to PM if you have any questions

Thanks

Tom

1 - 1 of 1 Posts