Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wondering how can i get my 98 gtv to be runnin at 200bhp with spending the least money possible and gaining as much torque as possible at the same time if it makes any sense?

thanks

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Take it it's a 155bhp 2.0 TS mate?

200bhp will be pushing it - custom remap, exhaust,induction and fast road cams may get you somewhere near but it's going to be over 1K nearer 2....

the only definite way to do it is forced induction either a supercharger or turbocharger - have a look at www.autodelta.co.uk for more info. But this costs even more...

SImes.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
cams and a remap is already £1000.
You will need more than that to get to 200bhp.

PM Marko, he has got his 147 up to that figure but that was after an extensive engine rebuild... = loads of £££.

Fitting a turbo to an old engine without rebuilding it is not a good idea.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Fit a Nitrous Oxide System. :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ simes - tbh i dont really know think it is but i just put it down to being 150 bhp but an extra five helps the cause.

I see what you all mean by its expensive had a look about and i wouldnt get any change outta 2k to do it properly think ill leave it standard, fast enough as it is, only wanted braggin rights as they say.

Cheers anyway

·
Registered
38,276 Posts
The cheapest way IMO would be to get a Fiat coupe 16Valve Turbo/ Lancia Thema/Dedra Turbo engine and gearbox and fit it in. Its not a massive job a few have done this transplant.
It is far easier trying to turbo a twin spark apparently.
Far more than 200bhp would be acheivable too with not much extra cost.

W

·
0 Posts
David C said:
cams and a remap is already £1000.
You will need more than that to get to 200bhp.

PM Marko, he has got his 147 up to that figure but that was after an extensive engine rebuild... = loads of £££.

Fitting a turbo to an old engine without rebuilding it is not a good idea.
Agreed, Sub555 ran a 155 which was kicking out over 200bhp. He'd had some major work done to the engine...can't remember the details but it was almost a race engine!!!

wrinx

·
Registered
397 Posts
To me it is an unavoidable conclusion that it were easy or cheap, it would have been built that way to begin with.

180 - 190 bhp can definitely be achieved with expertly done cams and rolling road tuning on Unichip etc. for reasonable money (few thousand), but anything more and you will have had really good cylinder head modifications, good DCOE carburation or throttle bodies, high lift cams and free flowing exhaust systems.

That power will come at high revs. Any talk of big gains in torque on a NA engine, and you will hear and read a lot of it, is fiction.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If i had 3L money i would have bought one!!! hahaha.
Can anyone recomend any decent chip to put in?

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts