Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Just taking out my first policy since i bought my 2.0 gtv in feb, just got a quote from bell:
3 years driving experience
2 years N.C.B
Both parents on policy
Postcode group F (Romford)
5k miles per year

£924

Didnt think that was too bad but amazingly it would be £1140 if I sold now and bought a v6. Any other young drivers with Gtv's?

Iain

·
Registered
276 Posts
Is that Fully comp? sounds like a bargain to me. I'm 22, had liscence almost 5 years, 2 years NCB I pay just over a thousand on my TS. That's with the 'rents as named drivers too, even though they've never seen the car let alone driven it! I'm with Bell.

I too looked at the V6 which was VERY tempting but I've got a clean liscence and I did a quote too see what would happen if I inadvertantly passed a gatso a few mph over the limit (not condoning it but it's all too easily done these days especially in a V6) and the premium hike was enough to put me off...that and the mpg ;)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its TPFT, the book price for my GTV is only £2670 so that is all that I would get back for it if it was stolen so thought that would be the best way to go. Amazing that the book price is so low, yet dealers and private sellers value the cars up to £2k over book price, for £2670 the chances are you would be buying a shed. Id love a red 1 like yours, if i do get a v6 it has to be red!

·
Registered
4 Posts
damn thats good, ive just got a 156 2.0 and the insurance on that is £1800 under my dads name,im 20 years old,2years 6months driving experience but nil no claims bonus. was on direct line where named drivers build up no claims so would of had 2 years, however if you cancel a policy you have to take up a policy again with 7days which is a b*stard. i always wanted the GTV and now when i drive the 156 im always thinking damn i wish it was a GTV lol. nice car mate

D

·
0 Posts
That's actually very good mate, as I paid £1700 for my first year on my 2 Litre Mondeo, :lol:

Been getting alot of quotes at the mo as looking for my next Alfa, Churchill have quoted me, Darren, a 22 year old male living in a 'Nice' part of Bristol who has 3 years NCB on a 156 2.5 V6 £550 fully comp.

I didn't think that was too bad, that's with a car pricing of £2500, which SHOULD get me a nice enough 156 when people start selling their damned cars again, :lol:

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
beat this 20yrs old 2yncb 3points and a claim against me. for a 156 JTS valued at 6.5k, £2600 fully comp with £800 excess!! stupid not even a v6 FFS.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would try Direct Line, they always seem to be good for younger drivers.

When I had my first GTV at 21 I was paying about £825 with no NCB as one of my parents had always been the policy holder before and I was just a named driver.

Roy

·
Registered
243 Posts
23 Years Old
3 Year NCB
4 Year Driving
Norwich Union
*23 Year old girlfriend 3 year driving and my old boy to bring the
quote down, 69 year old with a million years driving
£790
Postcode not awesome i suspect!

Renwal in March 08 so hopfully shave some off that

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I just got a quote on an Alfa GTA, 12,000 miles a year, 5 or more years no claims, £400 excess which is a bit steep for £542. Bizarrely I'm unable to add the wife who is fractionally older and has been driving longer - systems says no. I phoned for another quote and was asked if I had driven a car with such a big engine before which is kind of insulting really. Maybe that's why I can't add the wife, they think that as an occasional driver you're more of a risk on a performance car. Having driven a couple of these sure it goes if you put your foot down but it's hardly an uncontrollable monster, it wasn't actually as fast I was expecting; maybe having ridden bikes that takes the edge of anything but a supercar, 0-60 in 3 secs is pretty quick.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thats not too bad at all.

I paid £540 TPFT for my 156 1.8 when i was 22, with 3yr NC. Kwik Fit.

I now pay £780 fully comp for my GT, i'm now 23 with 4yrs NC. Swift Cover

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm 32 years old, had my driving licence for 10 years, but no NCB...

TPFT quote for my GTV.... £1350 from Liverpool Victoria...

A quick trip to those very nice men (and ladies) at another website,

Quote comes back at £450, as they take into account the 11 years NCB on my bike policy! Sorted!! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts