Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
09.09.1995 was the hose made: Was wondering what the size is for the Fuel injection hose, i found its 7.2mm internal but i dont know the external diameter. CR SF nbr is the hose called.

also wondering how difficult that fitting in the back there is? does not look like there is any nut or screwing to hold the hose in place.

I imagine if you wanted to get the fuel out of the tank this is the spot to do it? connect a pump or perhaps a extractor to suck it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
The workshop manual suggest taking the fuse out of the fuel pump, then turning the engine over until it cuts out in order to use up the fuel in the injectors. Whether that gets enough out I don't really know.
I have seen people replace the pipes with 7mm hose (generally hose and pipe sizes are on the bore diameter). If you search for Alfa 145 fuel hose you will get some hits for where people have changed them.
The hoses themselves are on the same part number as the whole line from the tank. Not available anymore anyway even if you wanted to change the whole thing.
The join of the metal pipe and fuel hose is some kind of crimp and there's a flare on the metal pipe under it I think.
If changing the hoses make sure that the hose is rated for fuel injector pressure and some hose available isn't.
I was fortunate enough to find mine only had a leak at the end. My normal garage then trimmed the ends and fitted new clips. So yes it does seem that 18-20 years is the life of these hoses.
You're lucky to spot it before it sprays over a hot engine.

·
Registered
699 Posts
And there should be a rubber clip on the hoses to stop them running against the bonnet and inlet manifold. It might be that your pipe has been doing this.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
fixed it: Used cheap 5 quid Pipe Cutter, SS clips and the hose i linked. still need to find me a rubber clip for them. Pipes are one inch too long, might have to trim a little in the future, wanted some extra just to be sure. Its not the prettiest, its not even the correct way to do it.. probably should use a nipple, but i can guarantee that it works just fine.

now my radiator fan wont work.. gotta fix that.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts