Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentlemen.

We had a meet a few days ago 6 people and 5 Alfas where we discussed meets in the region. It was all a bit new as, apart from me, no-one had attended a meet before. It was a really pleasant couple of hours with people who had, hitherto, been strangers but soon got along because of our common passion for Alfas.

An idea came up and the title sums it up. Although I am from Suffolk I am familiar with that stretch of road along the N Norfolk coast - it is a truly great drive - even better in an Alfa convoy. I have it on good authority that the fish and chips in Wells are THE best so we can drive up an appetite.

So lets go for it. I suggest we meet up in the Norwich Asda car park at 10.00 here:-

http://storelocator.asda.com/store/norwich

Bring along partners/children etc - Liz, my wife, is coming and she may even bring the GTV.

So lets get RSVPing.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Looking forward to it Paul! Probably the last drive out for the Spider before I tuck it up for the winter months:)

Had a cracking drive out today too - Up from York across the N.York moors to Whitby and down the coast road to Scarborough (with a stop-off at Robin Hood's Bay - smashing little place!),and back across to York.Top down all the way!:cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah another one for the drive to Wells! :)

Today I got intermittent dreaded red airbag light..will have to try fiddling with this cables/connectors under seats even if I'm scared I'll make airbag explode!

·
Registered
35 Posts
10.00 at the recycle bins...dont know if thats a good place to park an Alfa!! Look forward to meeting you all...lets hope the good weather continues!

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
10.00 at the recycle bins...dont know if thats a good place to park an Alfa!! Look forward to meeting you all...lets hope the good weather continues!
To clarify - 09.00 at Ipswich Tesco for a 10.00 rendezvous at Norwich Asda.

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Just a thought - try to park as near to the car park entrance as possible at Asda so we don't spend hours trying to find each other.
I'll PM my mobile number later to those likely to come just in case anyone can't find us.

Edit - I have now sent a PM with the mobile number to everyone who is, or may be coming - I haven't posted it here for obvious reasons!

Looking forward to a good day with "interesting" driving conditions - see you there.

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've been back from our meet for an hour or so.

I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who attended - don't know about you all but I really enjoyed it.

An Alfa drive in convey followed by fish and chips, conversation and then another drive (turn left Giancarlo) what could be better.

Here are the photos I took - iPhone so quality is a bit crap and you will be pleased to note I do not appear.

Until next time........

Paul.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts