Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at GTA's for the last couple of years but never being able to afford one due to the mileage I was doing at the time. I've finally taken the plunge and bought a 147 GTA and chuffed to bits with it :)

As per the title, the fuel consumption was a shock to say the least coming from a A3 TDI but hearing the Busso scream certainly makes up for it!

Anyway, I would like to say a proper hello after browsing the forums for a while now and fingers crossed I wont be asking for too much help in the future!

Attachments

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Hello and welcome fella!

You get used to the fuel consumption after a while, I sure have :lol:

That looks like a nice GTA you got there, any more pics?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello and welcome fella!

You get used to the fuel consumption after a while, I sure have :lol:

That looks like a nice GTA you got there, any more pics?
Not atm, just took that one quickly on the phone over the weekend. First couple of tanks was averaging a little over 17 but since using it to travel to work it's gone up to 29. And that's keeping a very light foot.... Boring I know!!

C

·
0 Posts
They drink fuel if you rev them hard. Staying below 4k will signicantly improve things.

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
I have only ever had the mpg past 20...1st week I bought her and when I went up to Cumbria and averaged a cool 30 while sitting above the speed limit :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
After looking at GTA's for the last couple of years but never being able to afford one due to the mileage I was doing at the time. I've finally taken the plunge and bought a 147 GTA and chuffed to bits with it :)

As per the title, the fuel consumption was a shock to say the least coming from a A3 TDI but hearing the Busso scream certainly makes up for it!

Anyway, I would like to say a proper hello after browsing the forums for a while now and fingers crossed I wont be asking for too much help in the future!
Best colour by far

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
What he said :)

Can't beat a nice busso screaming.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
u just learn to ignore the numbers on the petrol pump which have a pound sign next to it :) and ignore the cashier when they ask you for ££'s
when i used to drive south for a race and drive home i used to clock upto 1000 miles which worked out as £170 quid (~2.5 tanks) for the sake of 3 days lol, the engine and car more than make up for it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all!
Done my first bit of maintance on her over the weekend. Had a problem with the thermostat and temp sensor bringing up the engine warning light and whilst under the hood put some new spark plugs in aswell (rear ones werent as bad todo as first thought!). Next up oil change and air filter once the Ali under tray arrives. Other then that, don't know what to tinker with next!!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
i wud put a K&N replacement filter in if you have stock intake, it increased my fuel economy by 0.5 to 1mpg on a long motorway run, plus it is a tighter better fit in the airbox and you can clean them rather than having to replace, make sure u put some decent oil in it, i always use AGIP 10W60 racing as recommended by Days & Whites
Theres always plenty to tinker with on a GTA :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts