Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok before I start ........

I LOVE MY GTV V6 , I dont know what else to say but I LOVE MY GTV V6 enough said I feel.....

ok its a 1998 R reg so

1. whats the best oil for this baby ,couldn't tell if I needed synthetic or semi? So I brought some 10W40 castrol magnatec semi stuff....god I hope thats right.
2. need some new rear pads so any reasonable suggestions?

need to get some little cosmetic bits (ie seat belt clip, seat release handle surround and outer door seal. If anyone can help????)

What do I need to be looking out for maintenance wise. I would rather pay a little now than a lot later.

Many thanks.

F

·
0 Posts
I'm no expert but both of the indies I used put 10W40 in my GTA V6, so it can't be that bad. I used semi-synthetic to top it up but from what I've read the semi-synthetic needs changing at least every six months as it doesn't last as long as fully synthetic (I think I'm right on this). But I have to say I just switched to the Alfa recommended Selenia Racing 10W60 to be in line with their recommendation.

There are some good threads on oils on the site - just do a search on something like what oil to use.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks will have a look later.
Anyone have any idea on what rear pads?

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I would go to your local motor factors for the rear pads - Should be fine, not much braking at the rear, the big Brembos do the work.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Techie questions are best posted in the relevant car section ... alfa-brera-gtv-and-spider

Here the owners will provide real life advice and help ...

As for pads, you could try somewhere like buypartsby for OEM pads. This is actually the web outlet of Sutton Motor Factors and sell at keen prices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts