Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
On my 1997 2.0,I've noticed the inside of my new Yokohamas wearing faster than the outside. I hope it's just the tracking, happen to anybody else?
Secondly, My car is at about 54000 miles so gotta change the belts soon. Anybody know how much this will cost?
Thanks....... :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you're geeting just the uneven wear and no wierd 'feelings' through the steering wheel then it sounds as though as it's just the tracking.

changing the belt itself isn't too expensive. It's changing the cam variator and the tensioner wheel where the costs lies. I wouldn't change the belts without doing this as these parts are prone to 'early retirement'. The plastic is quite quickly worn (it's black) Alfa have since replaced this part with a harder wearing plastic (it's white)

checkout www.alfa155.co.uk > techinfo > click on the picture, and have a look.

you'll be looking at a couple of hundred quid in all to get this done i reckon.

good luck

jase

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're geeting just the uneven wear and no wierd 'feelings' through the steering wheel then it sounds as though as it's just the tracking.

changing the belt itself isn't too expensive. It's changing the cam variator and the tensioner wheel where the costs lies. I wouldn't change the belts without doing this as these parts are prone to 'early retirement'. The plastic is quite quickly worn (it's black) Alfa have since replaced this part with a harder wearing plastic (it's white)

checkout www.alfa155.co.uk > techinfo > click on the picture, and have a look.

you'll be looking at a couple of hundred quid in all to get this done i reckon.

good luck

jase

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Isn't this uneven wear just a standard thing with 155s with the quick rack. A look in Parkers tells that one of the main negatives with the 155 is its' front tyre wear rate. It could be the tracking but I think Kiruna will find the tyres will continue to wear on the inside even after any tracking adjustment. Kiruna, you should ensure your pressures are always correct. This is likely to save the tyres much more than the tracking adjustment. I'll be interested to hear your views in 6months or so. Of course you have purchased one of the fastest wearing tyres....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
saying that...

i had uneven waer and got my tracking done when i got new tyre last month. i didn't realise it was a trait of the quickrack.

oh well, as long as the handling hasn't deteriorated...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts