Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these problems seem to be none stop, - and i havnt even driven the car yet!

firstly, the power steering bottle is leaking, any ideas?

secondly, the windscreen washer bottle seems it hasnt been used for a long time and is full of grime, anybody know how to clean it?

thanks again!

R

·
0 Posts
these problems seem to be none stop, - and i havnt even driven the car yet!

firstly, the power steering bottle is leaking, any ideas?

secondly, the windscreen washer bottle seems it hasnt been used for a long time and is full of grime, anybody know how to clean it?

thanks again!
1. Where is it leaking from, bottle or the hose?
2. Can't personally vouch for this, but I have heard that a denture tablet (Sterident?) works wonders.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its leaking from the top of the bottle i think by the lid

ive just soaked the bottle in a bowl of hot water and soda crystals (me mom recommended this to me, lol) but it doesnt seem to of worked!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
its leaking from the top of the bottle i think by the lid

ive just soaked the bottle in a bowl of hot water and soda crystals (me mom recommended this to me, lol) but it doesnt seem to of worked!
The washer bottle ???? ................. Washing powder, some hot water........ a handful of ball bearings (or marbles) ........... Put the cap on and give it a good shake.......

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
95 Posts
The washer bottle ???? ................. Washing powder, some hot water........ a handful of ball bearings (or marbles) ........... Put the cap on and give it a good shake.......

Cheers to All
Peter
Ive used this to good effect in the past, i use gravel from my driveway though, means my Son doesnt get upset when his marbles go missing:lol:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Cheers to All
Peter
ill give this ago, although i need to pop down to alfa to get a washer bottle cap, thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
There's a filter on the washer pump that clogs up. Disconect the wiring from it and pull the whole thing out the bottle. The end of it will prob be covered in gunge. Mine always seems to be so I'm constantly doing this so know it works!!

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Ive used this to good effect in the past, i use gravel from my driveway though, means my Son doesnt get upset when his marbles go missing:lol:
you mean you dont have your own marbles?

i did, but i lost mine :eek:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chris, ye ive cleaned the filter and pump, thats sweet, but it seems that because there hasnt been a cap on it for quite a while (a bit of kitchen tissue was used to block up the top) its gone all filthy inside the bottle and seems impossible to remove

however, i fear that if i dont clean it out, then it will eventually clog up the filter again...

·
Registered
179 Posts
HI .If all else fails.I still have a washer bottle , p/s res & various switch's from the gtv im breaking.
Cheers rod

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
chris, ye ive cleaned the filter and pump, thats sweet, but it seems that because there hasnt been a cap on it for quite a while (a bit of kitchen tissue was used to block up the top) its gone all filthy inside the bottle and seems impossible to remove

however, i fear that if i dont clean it out, then it will eventually clog up the filter again...
I did the same job today!. In a word, Bleach!!! Remove the bottle from the car, remove the pump. Block the pump hole up (I used a bolt, screwed it into the rubber) Put in a big slug of bleach and fill with water. Give it a good shake and leave for a few hours. Rinse out, voila! clean bottle!

J

·
0 Posts
Bicarbonate of Soda....works a treat :thumbs:

Take the bottle off the car, coupe of teaspoons of Bicarb, block the hole with the pump, leave it for an hour and it is like new

1 - 15 of 15 Posts