Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents

I don't want to sound stupid or anything but I have a problem fitting my 2 din after market radio for my alfa Romeo brera 2006

I have brought the extra leads via dynamic sounds,patch lead and iso lead to aid fit for steering wheel controls.all good but I do not know where to connect key 1&2 on the patch lead so hence SWC do not work.

Also brake wire for Dvd player where again do I connect this

Sorry if these sound silly questions

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for your reply

That's the lead I have got exactly the same just unsure where to connect them to

Big thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
from you radio you should have wire that come out marked key key 2 key3 you connect these wires to the patch lead and plug it into the connects plug the 3.5mm headphone does not plug into anything

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Depends on the brand of radio. I presume corasdad knows this (ie: you've already told him what model you have).

:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
Thanks for tour help

It's a non branded unit ,but does everything I need for now,

Just struggling with the patch lead
Again thanks lads

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
The head unit should have Key1, Key2 or SW1, SW2 or similar and earth fly leads. Connect those to the Key1, Key2 and earth from the adaptor lead.

NOTE: I have this adaptor lead and am currently struggling to get more than 3 of the 8 possible steering controls to work.

Somewhere on the head unit menu or settings will be a programme for setting up the SWC controls. It won't be automatic it will be a manual process that you have to do to programme each button individually.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The head unit should have Key1, Key2 or SW1, SW2 or similar and earth fly leads. Connect those to the Key1, Key2 and earth from the adaptor lead.

NOTE: I have this adaptor lead and am currently struggling to get more than 3 of the 8 possible steering controls to work.

Somewhere on the head unit menu or settings will be a programme for setting up the SWC controls. It won't be automatic it will be a manual process that you have to do to programme each button individually.
Gents
Thanks for your response.
I have got the steering wheel controls to work just got to figure where to put all the harness behind the unit.
All day job me thinks
Again thanks

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
With double DIN it is tight. I found that there is a space on the left hand side at the back that the leads will just fit into but unlike corasdad I didn't find loads of room. Not sure what I am missing but I thought it was very tight.

·
Registered
186 Posts
With double DIN it is tight. I found that there is a space on the left hand side at the back that the leads will just fit into but unlike corasdad I didn't find loads of room. Not sure what I am missing but I thought it was very tight.
sorry my bad my double din is not as deep as normal ones its only about half as big so i had loads forgot they are not the same size

1 - 11 of 11 Posts