Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I friggin love it!

Picked up my 147 GTA from Dougie166 on Saturday after a 3 week wait (which felt like eternity) since first seeing it. Unfortunately it was raining all weekend so I've been taking it pretty easy so far but the power available with the tap of your foot is incredible. I'm not a particularly racy driver but it didn't fail in putting a smile on my face when I fancied planting my foot down.

The car has obviously been well looked after so here's hoping it keeps on going strong for years to come.

I paid a visit to my parents as well to see my Dad's newly purchasaed GT Blackline. Quite a pair I'd say:

Attachments

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
beauty mate, I picked up mine yesterday too :D

3rd GTA now.....

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
It was hard to see it go :( but I am so glad it has gone to such an enthusiastic owner :)

All the best :thumbs:

A

·
0 Posts
GTA's are very infectious!

I love mine to bits, even if it is slower than a diesel on the track!!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
GTA's are very infectious!

I love mine to bits, even if it is slower than a diesel on the track!!
I saw that thread. Why was it closed? Oh and as I've got a 1.9 jtd 16v which is tuned I can definitely say that my GTA is faster :). Not much in it mind :cool:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was hard to see it go :( but I am so glad it has gone to such an enthusiastic owner :)

All the best :thumbs:
I can imagine it was. I was sad seeing my 2.0 TS but that was offset by the prospect of the GTA.

Drives superbly but I'm still not convinced on the exhaust note. Sounds brilliant when driving but just a bit too loud for me on idle. I'm pretty sure that's going to grow on me though and I'll love the noise after a week or so.

It's a pity the weather has been so gash as it's filthy again!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I have gtv manifolds and it is very loud. If you are happy with it at the moment it is not worth messing around to be honest. Without a centre cat you will also have emission problems and engine light issues.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks really nice and love the plate too. More photos please when the weather is better!! Comparisons v the 2.0 Ts?
The 2.0 TS was quite nippy but this is in a different league. The fuel consumption is obviously much worse although that may be down to my eager right foot. It is also a pleasure to drive slowly though.

Interior is very similar apart from the meaner looking seats and I'm liking the Bose stereo. It's a much crisper sound compared to the standard.

Nice...but more pics! is it Remus backbox? How is sound deep?
Yeah it is a Remus back box. To be honest it's growing on me already and I think I quite like it now. It's a nice low rumble which sounds sporty opposed to chavvy.

I will keep my eyes peeled for you.

Any plans to head to the AONS meet on sunday?
I'm away down to Glasgow this weekend so can't make that. I've never been to a meet before so perhaps I should make the effort for the next one.

Welcome to 'real' Alfa ownership:cool:
:thumbs:

I love the fact I can now post in this section instead of just reading enviously!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts