Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
.....my 2.5V6 must be changed and removed from my trackday 156's, rebuilded and revised 3.0 from 166 now ready to take place......
156's flywheel is much lighter than 166 and will be used, but i still can't decide 156's old pulley or 166's to use assuming that 3.0 crank is different from 2.5 and AFAIK all V6 are no-one-knows-for-sure-how balanced......
Read here before that kind of swaps done here, anyone have recommendations about????
Thanks...

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
V6 engines are externally balanced...

that said, I swapped the 166 dmf for the 156 SMF also, without vibrations as a result. I did keep the 156 pulley though, as you can probably see they differ significantly...

Ideally you'd take the crank, flywheel and pulleys to an engine shop and have them balanced together. I'm sure there's quite a few horses to be gained there.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, i mean balanced as a whole......
So guess i'll do the same......there is not many places here where crank, FY and pulley to be balanced all together, that's why i'll skip this step.....
Thanks man......

G

·
0 Posts
.....my 2.5V6 must be changed and removed from my trackday 156's, rebuilded and revised 3.0 from 166 now ready to take place......
156's flywheel is much lighter than 166 and will be used, but i still can't decide 156's old pulley or 166's to use assuming that 3.0 crank is different from 2.5 and AFAIK all V6 are no-one-knows-for-sure-how balanced......
Read here before that kind of swaps done here, anyone have recommendations about????
Thanks...
Did you read this thread http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/motoring-images/308807-156-the-real-gta-project-10.html

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, different opinions i heard, will try both pulleys, and with rigid rear lower engine mount i will try to guess and feel is there any difference......i know that is primitive but here is no other options......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts