Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

First of all excuse me for my english, because i live in Russia :) I wanted to ask some questions about simple engine performance tuning. I want to buy K&N 57i Kit and a Squdra chip for my 155 V6 how much will performance encrease if i install all this stuff and a good exaust? I have already read comments on www.squdra-tuning.com and artc155.com. Sounds like everyone likes it. What is your opinion on this matter? Or if i install it do i need some other stuff to do with the engine to gain the performance encrease?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Alexey (AR 155 2.5 V6 '93)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The squadra chips are good, but remember you have to use a higher grade of fuel which is more expensive.
Opinions on induction kits differ. You may prefer a replacement panel filter (from K&N/BMC etc.) which means you don't have the problem of the filter sucking in hot air from under the bonnet at low speeds.
I prefer the replacement panel filter and have rerouted a cold air feed to the grill beside the LH foglight. I have used a K&N 57i kit too on the Alfa and you really need to be going at high speed (not high revs) for it to make a difference.

The noise is also VERY loud with the induction kit.

Marlon

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I bet fuel in Russia is a bit cheaper than the UK, but then is'nt everywhere.

I recomend the K&N panel filter as it is'nt too noisy and it retains the cold air feed and from my experience can improve the mid range performance a little.

Phil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts