Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How straight forward is it to take the 2.5 V6 out of the 156 and put it into the 145?

Obviously the wiring and ecu etc would need swapping over..

Are the engine mountings the same?
What would you need to change/modify??

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
You need,

Sub frame,

Engine mounts x 4 plus associated brackets,

Custom exhaust,

Gearbox, (driveshafts too preferably),

Wiring loom and ECU (code box too would help),

Radiator and fans,

Airbox or induction kit,

Maf,

Suspension would need beefing up,

a large shoe horn.

It's possible but would cost more than buying a 147 GTA.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
if your going down that route, why not go one better and get a 164 166 with a 3.0 v6 and use that as a donor?

the 2.5v6 in a 145 would be an animal but the 3.0v6 would be insane

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
My mechanic is fitting a 2.5 into a 145 at the moment.

Why not fit a 3.0 from a GTV or 166? :D

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
If you get the 156 then the sub frame will be useful too, all the engine mounts in the 156 would be a direct swap to fit it to the herse, I think it's an interesting project, obviosly you'll be fiting some decent stopers to her aswell, and I do hope this 156 has a 6 speed box and Q2 diff (£300 if not), the fuel pump should be OK and just don't cut ANY of the 156 loom when you remove it.

I think 2.5 is enough for a car like the 145, too much power on a fwd and the understeer will bite you.

BTW, you original driveshafts will fit, but the uprated v6 ones would be preferable.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
I'd rather have the 2.5, the horses are enough, the fiting is easier and the cooling is less of a problem, balancing the car with the engine is in my opinion more important than building a dragster, I mean what's the point of straight line speed if when you turn the wheel the thing carries on straight ahead?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
What about the V6 from thge 155? I don't know much about 155/145s but isn;t the running gear and electrics fairly similar?

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
This has been done before, covered in Auto Italia January 2003. Roberto found the handling 'surprisingly good.' Clovertech did the job.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts