Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 1999 156 2.5 V6 Q-system won't rev past 6000rpm when being driven in any of the auto modes (snow, city or sport) but it will when using the manual selector... Any suggestions?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know they're not very common, but does anyone know whether it's normal or, if not, a fix?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 1999 156 2.5 V6 Q-system won't rev past 6000rpm when being driven in any of the auto modes (snow, city or sport) but it will when using the manual selector... Any suggestions?
Specifically, the gearbox changes up at 6000rpm instead of at the redline of 7000rpm.

·
Registered
477 Posts
can't say for sure as I've not kept that close an eye on the rev counter when hoofing it, mine upshifts 3 to 4 at 95+ in city if you keep the pedal planted, sound about right?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I can remember, it's always been like this. That's not to say there's nothing wrong. I've just never really noticed it much before.

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
Seems entirely consistent with pretty much every other auto out there - unless you are talking very high end stuff that has a "track" setting that really will thrash the nuts off the engine. When I am driving my manual hard, I aim for 6k change up, it seems to be the sweet spot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts