Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This engine was fitted to my GTV by a previous owner. I have now removed the 2.5 and replaced with a 3.0L. The thread in the GTV Forum is here.

Running beautifully before removal, it has done 60K in the GTV. It will need a cambelt change and there is also a bit of oil around the rear seal (gearbox end) so I would swap that seal as well. No idea of mileage before it was fitted to the GTV I'm afraid?? Air con compressor was already removed so it has a shorter aux belt fitted.

I also have the CF2 manifolds, alternator and starter motor if needed. Like I said this was running beautifully before I removed it 4-5 months ago.

Looking at £200 for the engine or £300 with alternator, starter motor and manifolds.

Collection from nr Ipswich in Suffolk. I have an engine crane to get it into a van. PM me if interested. Also posting this in the 166 Forum.

Murray

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I hope someone takes it from you but i couldn't sell mine for £50 and that had a full history and a new cam belt change 6 months before i took it out of a car. I ended up taking the cams / Fly wheel off and giving it away to the scrap man.
Seems such a shame for them to go to waste i just didn't have room for another in the garage . you would think someone would need one or maybe no one needed one when i offered 1 for sale .
Fingers crossed your be lucky :yes:

As for the 2 i have still im going to wait untill my project is finished and keep an eye out for a couple of cars that have had cam belt break and buy them and put them back on the road.

Good luck fella

Reactions: Matt GTV

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Would love this for my newly acquired GTV but am planning to sell on so hardly worth the trouble..lovely idea though a 2.5 in a GTV..may be in touch if I can find another worthy of that engine..

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Might be interested. Need to get an estimate for retrofitting first though.

Edit- what was it in before the GTv and what's its total mileage?

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
What! For fifty notes I would have made it into an epic coffee table!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might be interested. Need to get an estimate for retrofitting first though.

Edit- what was it in before the GTv and what's its total mileage?
Sorry - I've no idea - on either. All I know is that it has definitely done 60K in this GTV. Happy to take an offer if anyone wants it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This engine was fitted to my GTV by a previous owner. I have now removed the 2.5 and replaced with a 3.0L. The thread in the GTV Forum is here.

Running beautifully before removal, it has done 60K in the GTV. It will need a cambelt change and there is also a bit of oil around the rear seal (gearbox end) so I would swap that seal as well. No idea of mileage before it was fitted to the GTV I'm afraid?? Air con compressor was already removed so it has a shorter aux belt fitted.

I also have the CF2 manifolds, alternator and starter motor if needed. Like I said this was running beautifully before I removed it 4-5 months ago.

Looking at £200 for the engine or £300 with alternator, starter motor and manifolds.

Collection from nr Ipswich in Suffolk. I have an engine crane to get it into a van. PM me if interested. Also posting this in the 166 Forum.

Murray
Hi Matt

Is your 2.5 still for sale?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts