Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I was searching the fuel consumption between the Busso 2.5 24v and the 3.0 12v( the QV us-spec, the sport version) and it seems that the 3.0 has better economy. Is this real or the economy is more or less the same.
Thanks

·
Registered
38,300 Posts
I found that it was the case that the 12v versions had better economy.

You don't have to rev the hell out of them to make decent progress.

If you compare the 24v 2.5 and the 24v 3.0 there is very little difference in fuel consumption. Both are horrific...

·
Registered
476 Posts
I found that it was the case that the 12v versions had better economy.

You don't have to rev the hell out of them to make decent progress.

If you compare the 24v 2.5 and the 24v 3.0 there is very little difference in fuel consumption. Both are horrific...
My old 24v 2.5 had inferior economy to the 24v 3.0 I currently have.

However I did move out of the city shortly after I got the 3.0 but for the 6 months or so I was in the same conditions I definitely noticed the larger engine did a few more mpg.

Still it is not good as with sensible driving I've still only managed something like 26.5 mpg over 30k+ of fairly relaxed driving, I believe one tank of fuel might have peaked at 30mpg but I was really not having fun then.

Horrific when compared to 40mpg+ in the same conditions in the boring 4 cylinder hatchback(s) I've currently got...

·
Registered
38,300 Posts
I was getting around 20mpg from both my 3.0 GTV and 2.5 156. The 164 V6 12v which I had would do around 25.

It is amazing how technology has come on though as you say. I get 45mpg from by BMW 330d, and it is quite a bit faster than the GTV was. But I do miss the sound...

·
Registered
456 Posts
With my 2.5 sportronic shortly before I sold her on a sunday afternoon aural thrash, I Got down to 6mpg according to the trip computer. 72 Litres in 180miles of driving! Have never done the real world calculation but I knew my late father was rolling his eyes! The greatest v6 sound ever! 😞

1 - 6 of 6 Posts