Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gauging what sort of interest there would be in a group buy (to get the cost down) in changing that restrictive downpipe that fits from the turbo to the exhaust - to replace the cast part which is 2x 90deg bends and quite narrow.

·
Registered
563 Posts
gauging what sort of interest there would be in a group buy (to get the cost down) in changing that restrictive downpipe that fits from the turbo to the exhaust - to replace the cast part which is 2x 90deg bends and quite narrow.
I'd be in. ;) Providing my girlfriend doesn't find out anyway!! :D

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I'm in :)

dead easy to fit.... might be a good idea to convert to bolts iso studs though so the turn radius can be made bigger (fitting would be impossible otherwise)

I have a 136 bhp, do all the 2.4 use the same restrictive downpipe?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Are we talking purely about the precat or the complete downpipe from the turbo to the main cat?!

Cheers,

Mark

·
Vendor
45,307 Posts
I think he means the complete section from the turbo output to the cat input.. :hmm:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
from the turbo to the pipe under the sump.

the 136bhp has a different turbo, so may not fit????

This is for the 140bhp/150bhp.

Mark, I do not know if it would bolt to your turbo or not?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so, we have possibly...
adamanthippo
Cuore_Sportivo_155
jasons
Mark_JTD - you know it means losing the particulate filter - if it has one?

any others?
Don't know cost as yet, but if we can get 4 or 5 then the cost should be lower, the flange would have to to machined to fit the turbo, the stainless pipe mandrell bent and a flange to connect to the exhaust, at a guess I would have thought 130-180quid?
Torqu exhausts, linked to Red Dot who provided my old 140 with 230+bhp was who I had in mind. (spoke to them about it the friday before the alfa day at red dot.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Yeah, i know it's not cheap to get done... but it's the single most effective mod you can make, besides remapping... hence why I'd rather join a groupbuy...

turbo spools up lower in the rev range and keeps spooling longer up the rev range... you widen the usable powerband by 500 rpm.... +- 1500-5000 for a remapped 136.... especially if you decat the exhaust aswell. I don't really expect more BHP or Nm, but the Bhp output could be higher....

·
Registered
563 Posts
Mark_JTD - you know it means losing the particulate filter - if it has one?
Is that the pre-cat or something different? As far as I am aware there is no particle filter on mine unless it's just a different name for the pre-cat?!

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
71 Posts
well i not sure what the particulate filter is but it sounds good iam looking to put a stainless on mine anyway take the cat off at some point also looking to replace air filter with a n other just shopping around for the best valued air filter then maybe a remap but cant get it done at once will face divorce if i did lol

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yup, that's for the 20v. I've asked Supersprint a few times about a price on that part but they won't release it until more people want it which sounds weird to me!!

So is the 10v 2.4 a single pipe from the turbo - cat or do you have a pre-cat which is about 10" long, then then main down pipe that goes to the cat?! I can't get onto eper at the moment to check unfortunately.

Cheers,

Mark

1 - 20 of 32 Posts