Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a Brera and have located a 2007 (07 plate) 2.4 jtd. I think that means it will be a 200bhp version. Is it worth trying to get a 210bhpm version? Is the extra 10bhp noticeable? Were there other changes made at the same time that make the 210 version more desirable? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
If you have the means, then get the 210.
Having driven both the 210 is much much nicer.
Physically its a complete different turbo and I think the engine map is different as well.
The 210 is a much more 'driveable' car.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
There's a sticker inside the driver's door (on the centre pillar) that'll tell you what engine it has:)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
If I remember rightly the change was to make more of the torque available lower down the rev. range.

A 2007 car may well be the 210 version but, as Squadrone says, you can find out for sure by looking at the i.d. plate inside the driver's door reveal. If it's the 210 version it'll say something like 'Brera 2.4JTDm SV (210)'. If not it'll just say 'Brera 2.4JTDm SV'.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information. I hope to get a look at it later on in the week so the door pillar will come in for some examination!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts