Alfa Romeo Forum banner

2.4 strange start up

Tags
strange
703 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ermis 
#1 ·
Hello guys!

I have a very peculiar problem. I changed my EGR some 1000km ago, and now in start up when engine's cold you can see white smoke going of from the exaust and engine rattling like old John Deere for 30 seconds, after that everything normal and the car works like charm.

The funny/strange thing about this story is that if you start it up let's say morning at 8 degrees it won't do it but if you do the same with the car under the sun and 20 degrees the problem is faaar worse!

I will check it the following week but i want to "do my homework" before i show up for service.

#5 ·
An update to the sittuation, the problem was coming from throttle body. So I need to change it and they gave me a price of 600 euros, for a throttle body... This was in the official network of Alfa Romeo, so I'll try to clean it at start and if the problem continues I'll change it with and aftermarket half price,310 euros...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.