Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2.4 was originally released with a different turbo and 200bhp. Later models had a different turbo, now with 210bhp.

Is the stock ECU exactly the same on both or are each unique ?

How many updates where released since 2006 ?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Good Question

·
Registered
359 Posts
I presume the maps are different, I think the power comes in strong at 1500rpm on the 210 as opposed to about 2000rpm in the 200, or something like that. Must be a difference in the map.

Rob

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi My Brera is a 2007 200bhp model, last year the lights failed due to a fault in the body computer, this was replaced (free of charge by alfa) this made a big difference to the torque, which comes in much earlier. Same as the 210 i suspect.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I investigated this a bit as i was thinking of fitting the newer turbo to my 200bhp 2.4 (now 250bhp). Answer to my dilemma is since i have already had it remapped, the ecu is going to order its 'goal' pressure from the turbo as early as possible. Consequently changing the turbo to the newer one will give me that little extra bhp (By achieving goal pressure earlier) without needing to change the remap. So based off this, i think they must be either exactly the same or very similar....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts