Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

because my Ti is driving me mad with speed bumps, I've decided to make my own engine guard out of 2.5 mm alloy sheet. Anyone interested in one? I can make more if required and we can share the costs...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I've got a 2.4 Ti Q4 Sportwagon and am suffering with the speed bumps too! I'm not sure that an ally one will be any better than the one that's catching already! I suspect running without it might be the best option!

Guy

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a 2.4 Ti Q4 Sportwagon and am suffering with the speed bumps too! I'm not sure that an ally one will be any better than the one that's catching already! I suspect running without it might be the best option!

Guy
i have the same car and currently running without guard. It's even worse:/ so i want this alu thing to work as a slider surface? i'll be making new in 2-3 weeks time, as i'm frequently in Lancashire you can have a look and go if you want. :) i've got brand new poem plastic guard as a template.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
i have the same car and currently running without guard. It's even worse:/ so i want this alu thing to work as a slider surface? i'll be making new in 2-3 weeks time, as i'm frequently in Lancashire you can have a look and go if you want. :) i've got brand new poem plastic guard as a template.

Might be worth getting together sometime in the next 1 - 2 weeks to see what's involved? We can try the cars over the bumps round here too! You might get me interested yet, I believe Q4 under trays are not the same as FWD cars or the petrol one?

I'm a couple of minutes from the end of the M57/M58 junction. Very easy to find. PM me if you're in the area?

Guy

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the guards are different . I've just got brand new genuine one as template so it can be used as template. Basically what I get now without it is flat bottom downpipe:/ and a lot of scratches. I want to add some guard for prop shaft support as I'vemanaged to damage it too. 2 weeks looks like good perspective. Or if you want it sooner I'm in Leeds

·
Registered
600 Posts
if i can get hold of genuine form no problem. I've never owned GT so may be some problem but maybe somebody around Yorkshire have one to be a template?

I think it's the same one as the 147 GTA, mine is a GT 3.2 and it differs to the 2.0 JTS and 1.9 JTDm variants I believe. I've struggled to get hold of even a basic one :(

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yes I'd be interested,depending on price, currently not got anything, but think some protection is needed. Alfisti do them for 156,147 & GT

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok guys i have 2.4 q4 which have different one that any fwd and unfortunately 3.2. But I can make any you would like as I have access to all fwd right now and in progress of getting 3.2 q4 ones. GT,156 and 147 to follow soon. I'll have to look at alloy prices when buying bulk quantities.

P

·
0 Posts
Hey crimsonbadger,

I'm interested in an alu undertray, depending on price and the postal costs to Belgium off course.

If you have any price available I love to hear it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry guys for no reply. Busy days for me. I'll be back with all the replies no later than Sunday. Apologies for delay

1 - 18 of 18 Posts