Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Having had the same problems .... Have had EGR replaced / injectors / manifold / etc etc .....

My cars fault was diagnosed as the cylinder head ( not under warranty ) ....

I was in the same boat as you until today mate then finally got it sorted once and for all .... ....Bought a new car ....

Good luck mate .

· Registered
135 Posts
Hello SP36 ...

I hope your getting yours sorted mate ...

Mine smokes on start up ...then judders a lot .( almost stalls ) .. After a couple of heavy revs its ok ... Then a few miles in it judders again and holds back ... Not all the time though but on an average 25 mile commute its enough to drive me mad .....

The dealer- Alfa uk - and warranty company have refused to do the head ( even after admitting its a fault ) but as a compromise ( good will ) are doing a de-coke ...

Its booked in for the 14th August for 2 weeks ??? Head off .. Valves out - cam belt - tensioners - head gasket ..... Then old head back on ..... They said its only a matter of time before it ' soots' up again as its the head that's at fault ( there's a new upgrade now ) .....

I've given up mate ..... After all the work ... Countless trips to the dealers ... I've finally bought a new car .... Due in September .... I'm getting the work done ,so hopefully the person that buys it next will have some luck with it even if it is for a short while ......

Keep me posted as Id be interested in hearing your outcome and hope its better than mine ..

· Registered
135 Posts
Hello SP36 ....

I'm glad to hear that you have improved the issues with the injector replacement ... Hopefully you will get some faith back in your car .....when mine were done I was over the moon with the difference .....I tried the better fuel and ' hard drive ' technique and to be fare it did help as well ( not on fuel economy though ! ).... Then the other issues started and my confidence slipped again .......

Hopefully yours will be ok now but I know the dilemma your in ...chop it in whilst the goings good or persevere and hope for the best ?! ....

Mines not even done 40k and its literally falling apart around my ears ! ...

I tried a few cars and narrowed it down Either a new scirocco 2.0 tdci or a Kia1.7cdi sportage ... After head scratching and test drives and plenty of research I decided on the kia ..(impressed with the warranty - mpg - service costs -spec as standard - running costs - etc etc ....

Ok it's not going to turn the heads like my Brera ... Its not going to go like the Brera ...its not going to make me smile as much as the Brera ... I probably won't look back at it when I get out off it....But its hopefully going to be More reliable .....

Would I buy another Alfa ............... Not a chance .

Good luck mate .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.