Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Got through the MOT today so time to fix the smaller things.

The 2.4 engine cover is held on by 4 rubber bung socket things - What are they called?

Where can I get them from any places that will sell on line or over the phone?

Thanks,

Simon

·
Registered
771 Posts
+1 for me too.

I'm missing the front left, the odd one of the four. The engine has a metal ring for the plastic plug on the engine cover. What does that rubber bung look like ?

·
Registered
221 Posts
if you google "engine cover grommets" seems to come up with a few links

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Tried these today. Apart from the hole in the middle being slightly bigger, they're the same. It makes them a slightly looser fit on the ballstuds but seeing as though the original rubbers tended to stay on the engine and pull out of the cover it might be a good thing!

Ford part number 1 555 641.

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm missing the front left, the odd one of the four. The engine has a metal ring for the plastic plug on the engine cover. What does that rubber bung look like ?
I'm missing the same one. the engine cover is starting to wear away the aluminium pipe underneath. I think I'm going to have to resort to Alfa to get this one.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I can take a photo of the rubber ring in the front left bracket if someone can show me a pic of what is supposed to clip into it, mine seems to have broken off the engine cover.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I did enquire of Bauer Millett a while ago re these , and IIRC they only come in sets of ten for about £30+. I made up some makeshift ones instead as i only wanted two , but it could be worth a group purchase between 3 or 4 people in a local area? :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Cheers, suddenly everything becomes clear! All four of those clips have bust off mine.

The grommet it fits into:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I'd be tempted to buy a blind grommet for a few pence and modify it to fit.

I'd also be tempted to put some rubber tube inside the three remaining prongs in the cover to hold them together.

·
Registered
192 Posts
the 3 "standard" rubber grommets that clip into the cover are available to buy, I got a couple from Mangoletsi think they were about £3 each.
Not sure about the "odd" one at the front left as I wasn't missing that.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
If there's a part number can you post it here please, it isn't shown on eper.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Just being working again under the cover and had forgotten about this thread. Can someone with a complete cover please advise what mine is missing from the front left (the odd one of the 4)? I'm guessing a rubber O ring perhaps?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts